The food program is here to protect the public from foodborne illness by educating food workers about safe food handling practices and conducting regular inspections of food service establishments. Complaints about restaurants or other food related concerns in Grays Harbor County can be sent to our email Environmental Health Dept. (EHD@graysharbor.us) or call (360) 249-4222 (especially if you're reporting a potential foodborne illness).
- Building & Remodeling Information
- Floor Plan Example
- Food and Beverage Establishment Permit Application
- Applications must be submitted at least 30 calendar days before the planned date of opening. Incomplete applications will be returned to the applicant unprocessed. We highly recommend you submit an application for review prior to starting construction.
- Pre-operational Inspection Checklist
TEMPORARY FOOD SERVICE - ***Applications must be received at least 8 calendar days prior to the start of the event or late fees apply. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED WITHOUT ADEQUATE REVIEW TIME MAY BE DENIED.***
Inspection Information - CLICK HERE
Search inspection records: https://healthspace.com/Clients/Washington/GraysHarbor/Web.nsf
Active Managerial Control (AMC) is the purposeful use of policies and procedures in the food establishment to control foodborne illness risk factors. Every person in charge must have AMC and ensure food safety requirements are followed. These sample template forms are part of an AMC Toolkit to assist food establishment operators in developing policies and procedures for review, training, and monitoring food safety risks.
- Active Managerial Control and Certified Food Protection Manager
- Most establishments are required to have at least one employee with a Certified Food Protection Manager (CFPM) certificate. The CFPM must make sure managers are trained, procedures are developed, and food safety requirements are understood and followed. The CFPM does not need to be on premises but is expected to have a key role in ensuring food safety. A person may be the CFPM for multiple establishments. View the list of ANSI accredited organizations that issue CFPM certificates.
- Bare Hand Contact with Ready-To-Eat Foods
- Date Marking
- Employee Health Plan
- Food Employee Illness Log
- Pet Dogs on Premises
- Refilling Consumer-owned Containers
- Vomit and Diarrhea Clean-up Plan
Food Worker Card Information
- GET YOUR FOOD WORKER CARD ONLINE
- Washington State Food & Beverage Workers Manual
- Online Food Worker Card Assistance: 1-800-204-4418 (TOLL FREE) or email email@example.com