The County Administration Building is undergoing renovation, resulting in limited access to the building, expected to last through October 2023. Beginning September 5, the Planning & Building Division will be temporarily located in the Commissioners Large Meeting Room on the 1st floor with the entrance located on the west side of the building closest to the Court House. During this time, Planning & Building staff will be available by appointment only.
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Please contact us to schedule.
- The Washington State Building Code Council has revised the implementation date for the 2021 edition of the International Codes to March 15, 2024.
- Need help designing your project? Looking for a consultant, surveyor, architect, engineer, etc.? Click here!
- BURN BAN - Burn restrictions modified effective 12:01 AM, Monday, September 18, 2023.
- MITIGATION PLAN COMMUNITY SURVEY - Grays Harbor County 2023 Multi-Jurisdiction Hazard Mitigation Plan Community Survey (surveymonkey.com) - Have a minute? Take this brief survey.
- Effective Monday, June 27, 2023, Ordinance 485 was adopted and includes minor amendments to Titles 16, 17 and 18.
- BUILDING CODE EDITION - Grays Harbor County currently follows the 2018 editions of the IBC, IRC, IFC, IMC, IFGC, Uniform Plumbing Code and Washington State Energy Codes. Please Note: The 2021 editions of the above listed Codes including the new WUIC are currently scheduled to be adopted March 15, 2024.
- CANNABIS MORATORIUM - Effective Tuesday, April 4, 2023, the cannabis moratorium is hereby lifted and new cannabis facilities are now regulated per Ordinance 482.
- ONLINE PERMITTING - Since July 26, 2022 we have been accepting permit applications online through our permitting platform called SmartGov. With the Online Portal you can review historic permits, parcel information, submit applications, make payments, track application status' request inspections, and more. Please visit the Property Development Process page to learn more.
Grays Harbor County
Planning & Building Division