Grays Harbor County Code (GHCC) Chapter 16.38, Article II governing boundary line adjustment (BLA) applies to land solely divided for purposes of altering or removing lines, between platted or un-platted lots or both, and is exempt from subdivision requirements per GHCC 16.08.040.
- The total number of lots is not increased;
- The BLA shall be reviewed by the environmental health division to certify that all resulting lots meet minimum standards for lot sizes as related to sewage disposal and water supply;
- The BLA shall be approved by the planning division only if the resulting lots satisfy minimum lot size and width requirements for the applicable zone
district, and subject to the environmental health division review;
- If any existing lots are nonconforming, the BLA shall not create any lots smaller than the smallest existing lot;
- All new lots resulting from a BLA shall be on the same side of a public right-of-way.
- STEP 1: Site Plan Review - Complete and submit online to begin the permitting process. BLA applications will not be accepted prior to completing STEP 1.
- Planning Division,
- Building Division,
- Environmental Health Division,
- Public Works Division– County Surveyor; and
- Other departments and agencies as necessary.
- Property taxes and assessments for all affected properties must be paid-in-full (RCW 84.56.345).
- Record approved ROS with Auditor; and,
- Recording fee due.
- *Title Transfer
- County Records Updated
- The Mapping Division in the Assessor’s Office (360-249-4121) will update county records to reflect changes to the affected properties.
*Please contact a Title Company should you need help with STEP 5: Title Transfer. Grays Harbor County staff is prohibited from providing legal advice and/or assistance with preparing legal documents.
- BLA Review Process Handout
- BLA Submittal Checklist
- Lot Consolidation for Platted Lots
- Ordinance 474
- Apply Now!
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?