The subdivision of land into lots is governed in Washington State by chapter 58.17 RCW and by Grays Harbor County Code (GHCC) Title 16 which was adopted under that chapter's authority. GHCC Chapter 16.36 governing large lot subdivision applies to the division of land into two (2) or more lots where the resulting lots are five (5) acres or more, and any one lot is smaller than twenty (20) acres in size. To be exempt from this Title the subdivision must be consistent with GHCC 16.08.040 - Exemptions.
- Site Plan Review Application - will produce a list outlining the Related Permits and Approvals to proceed to STEP 2.
- Related Permits and Approvals - consists of the applications necessary to proceed with the proposed project. Planning staff will review your application and submittal documents for completeness and compliance with GHC subdivision, zoning, and environmental regulations. If the proposal is consistent with the local regulations, staff will issue preliminary approval of the subdivision. After all related permits and approval are satisfied, the applicant will be notified the project is ready to apply for STEP 3 - Final Review and Inspection.
- Final Review and Inspection - final review and inspection before STEP 4.
- Recording - upon approval of STEPS 1-3, the Record of Survey (ROS) must be recorded in the Grays Harbor County Auditor's Office to complete the subdivision process.
Note: Subdivision applications will not be accepted prior to completing STEP 1: Site Plan Review. Timely processing of an application requires the submission of an accurate description of the subdivision and preliminary ROS. Acceptance of a complete application will not be issued until all required information and plans are received and reviewed for completeness.
- RCW 58.17
- GHCC Title 16
- Short Subdivision Submittal Checklist
- State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) Checklist
- Minimum Road Standards
- Minimum lot size requirements - Zoning
- Critical Protection Area requirements - GHCC 18.06
Please contact a Planner at 360-249-4222 or by email at email@example.com if you have questions.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?