Grays Harbor County (County) is pleased to announce the final action approving the County Shoreline Master Program (SMP) periodic review by the Washington State Department of Ecology (Ecology). The purpose of this Master Program is to implement the policies of the Shoreline Management Act under Chapter 90.58 RCW (Revised Code of Washington) to promote the health, safety and general welfare of the citizens of Grays Harbor County.
The effective date of the County’s SMP periodic review is November 7, 2023 and is available for review or download here.
2023 Periodic Review Timeline
- February 21, 2023 - Online Open House.
- April 18, 2023 - Public Hearing - Planning Commission approved the periodic review to be forwarded to the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC).
- June 20, 2023 - Public Hearing - BOCC adopted Resolution No. 2023-047 to forward the 2023 Periodic Review to Ecology for approval.
- July 6, 2023 - Ecology accepted the County's proposed SMP periodic review as complete for the purposes of review.
- November 7, 2023 - Effective date of SMP periodic review.
- November 28, 2023 - Ordinance No. 488 adopted SMP periodic review.
- 2023 Adopted SMP - effective November 7, 2023.
Grays Harbor County