Grays Harbor County Code (GHCC) Chapter 16.16 governing short subdivisions applies to the division of land into two (2) or more but not more than four (4) lots where the resulting lots are less than five (5) acres in size. To be exempt from this Title the subdivision must be consistent with GHCC 16.08.040 - Exemptions.
- Site Plan Review Application - will produce a list outlining the Related Permits and Approvals to proceed to STEP 2.
- Related Permits and Approvals - consists of the applications necessary to proceed with the proposed project. Planning staff will review your application and submittal documents for completeness and compliance with GHC subdivision, zoning, and environmental regulations. If the proposal is consistent with the local regulations, staff will issue preliminary approval of the subdivision. After all related permits and approval are satisfied, the applicant will be notified the project is ready to apply for STEP 3 - Final Review and Inspection.
- Final Review and Inspection - final review and inspection before STEP 4.
- Recording - upon approval of STEPS 1-3, the Record of Survey (ROS) must be recorded in the Grays Harbor County Auditor's Office to complete the subdivision process.
Note: Subdivision applications will not be accepted prior to completing Site Plan Review. Timely processing of an application requires the submission of an accurate description of the subdivision and preliminary ROS. Acceptance of a complete application will not be issued until all required information and plans are received and reviewed for completeness.
- RCW 58.17
- GHCC Title 16
- Short Subdivision Submittal Checklist
- State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) Checklist
- Minimum Road Standards
- Minimum lot size requirements - Zoning
- Critical Protection Area requirements - GHCC 18.06
Please contact a Planner at 360-249-4222 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Still HAVE QUESTIONS?
Grays Harbor County