E-Filing is not available.
We cannot accept filings via email.
QUESTIONS ABOUT APPEALS:
Contact: Chief Deputy Clerk, Estrada
GH Self-Help Office for Family Law:
Clerk's staff can provide:
Court-approved forms on some proceedings. Some pattern forms are available for purchase in the office. (Domestic and Custody forms. Others may be obtained at a bookstore, the Internet, or library).
- The status of a specific case, unless the case is sealed. (not available for public inspection because of state law or judge's decision)
- The court's file on specific cases, unless the case is sealed from the public.
- Court schedules and information on how to get matters scheduled.
- The Court Facilitator can help clients with filing of paperwork on Domestic and Custody cases.
- Staff can show clients the State law index and Court Rules for research.
Clerk staff cannot give legal advice according to the laws of the State of Washington:
- Staff cannot give advice about whether a case should be filed, or what action should be taken.
- Staff cannot fill out people's forms; tell them what forms to use or what words to put on a form.
- Staff cannot advise people what to say in court.
- Staff cannot speculate on what decision the judge might make.
- Staff must remain impartial. They do not take sides in any matter coming before the court.
- Staff cannot recommend an attorney to anyone.
Courtroom procedures and protocol:
- Arrive at the Courthouse 15 minutes early so that you can locate the proper courtroom. The list of cases is usually posted in the hallway by the main courtroom. If you cannot find your case, ask in the Clerk's Office.
- Dress appropriately. No hats are allowed in the courtroom.
- Food or drinks are not allowed.
- Weapons of any kind are not allowed in the courthouse.
- The courtroom is not an appropriate place for children. Please arrange for someone to watch them while you are in court.
- Review your paperwork before your hearing. Make sure it is all in order. The Clerk's office cannot help you with this.
- Be courteous and respectful at all times with the Court.
The following organizations and agencies offer services to the public at low, reduced, or no cost to the consumer. This list is provided for informational purposes only. No endorsement or recommendation by the Clerk's Office is intended by listing agencies. You may want to seek other resources as well.