Court Case Documents
CD Audio Recordings 
Preprinted Packets

PLEASE NOTE: A "Public Records Request" is different than ordering court case documents from this office. 

Requests for records directed to the Court fall under GR-31 (case), GR-31.1 (administrative), GR 22 (family and guardianship), and not under the Public Records Act (RCW 42.56).  If you are wanting to make a request for public records under the Public Records Act for documents outside of this office, then you will need to send your request to the County’s Public Records Department here: GHC Pulic Records
Most court records are kept in the Clerk's Office located on the Second Floor of the Grays Harbor County Courthouse. For the public's convenience, a computer terminal is available to do routine records checks and to locate and verify cause/case numbers. 
 There are some court files and documents that are confidential in nature hence not available to the public. Some of these files include adoptions.

Please allow up to 5 business days when requesting a document in a hearing that just happened to allow time for processing and scanning all documents received.

Please allow 2-4 days for documents, 1-2 weeks for certified copies, and 2-3 weeks for research requests and audio recordings.  Audio recordings are via a CD.
We do not expedite requests. They are processed in the order they are received. We will not "reply all" to requests. 
This office does not hold the transcripts to hearings, please contact the court reporter. 360-964-1853

Step 1:
Before selecting an option, check the Odyssey Portal to find case numbers and document title(s), and index number, if available:

Case Search
"I want my documents sent via EMAIL or CERTIFIED."

Step 2:
You will need to provide 4 things: 
* 1-The name of one of the parties
* 2-The case number (check step 1 if you don't have one. Cases older than 1980 may not be included.)
* 3-The title of the document(s), index number, if available. (Or CD audio recording of a hearing?)
* 4-Emailed or Certified? Provide an address if being mailed to you. We cannot offer emailed certified documents. 
Put ONLY the case number in the subject line of the e-mail request. NO WORDS.
Send all information in the body of an email to:

Step 3:

Wait for a response within 48 hours from the Clerk's Office with the cost of the documents and how to pay.
We do not expedite requests. 


"I do not have an email." 

Step 2:

1. Call our office at (360) 249-3842 and provide the case number and specific documents you would like (check step 1 if you don't have case information).
2. Explain that you would like to request documents sent to you via the USPS. Or mail your request to the office.
3. You will be provided with the cost required for the documents and the shipping costs.

Step 3:
1. Mail us your money order, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope. Mail all requests and correspondence to:

Grays Harbor County Clerk's Office
102 W Broadway, Suite 203
Montesano, WA 98563

2. When we receive your money order and self-addressed, stamped envelope, your documents will be processed and mailed to you.

"I want to come to the office and view the documents." 

The Grays Harbor County Clerk's Office has a public workstation to assist you in searching and printing Superior Court documents.
Public Office Hours for counter access is Tuesday-Friday 8:30AM-4:30 PM

Fees Pursuant to RCW 36.18.016(4)(11)(13):
  • Cost of Printing Copies of court documents is .50 cents per page per RCW 36.18.016(4) 
  • Electronic Copies via email are .25 cents per page. (minimum of $1.00) per RCW 36.18.016(4)
  • Certified Copies the fee is $5 for the first page and $1 each additional page. They will be sent via USPS with a shipping charge and an envelope fee depending on the size of the request, per RCW 36.18.016(4)  
  • Older documents may require extra work to locate and will include an investigation fee of $30/hour. We will not send it via email. These cases will have to be printed and sent via USPS with shipping fees, per RCW 36.18.016(11)
  • Audio recordings fee is $25.00/case #/Hearing Date/CD per RCW 36.18.016(13). This request can be picked up here in our office, or an additional shipping fee will be added for out-of-area requests. Please allow up to 2 weeks to process as the courtroom with the audio may be unavailable during business hours. Please Note: We can only provide audio when the hearing was held in Department 3, as the other Departments have a Court Reporter.
The Clerk's office does not accept personal checks. Cash, debit/credit cards, or money orders will be accepted.

Requesting Pre-Printed Self-Help Packets


Step 1:
Contact via email at You will need to provide the packet you would like and your address.
These packets CAN NOT be sent via email. Visit: to print out Washington Courts pattern forms.

Step 2: 
Wait for a response from the Clerk's Office with the cost and how to pay.

Available Packets with Price (includes shipping):

  • Dissolution w/children-$50.00
  • Dissolution w/o children- $45.00
  • Nonparental Custody-$50.00
  • Parenting Plan/Child Support-$50.00
  • Paternity (Establishing)-$50.00
  • Modification of Parenting Plan-$40.00
  • Mod of Child Support-$45.00
  • Mod of Parenting Plan & Support-$50.00
  • Response to Disso w/Child-$30.00
  • Response to Disso w/o Child-$10.00
  • Response to Parenting Plan/Support-$20.00
  • Response to Paternity-$12.00
  • Response to Non-Parental Custody-$12.00
  • Response to Mod Parenting Plan-$12.00
  • Response to Mod Support-$10.00
  • Response to Mod Parent Plan/Support-$12.00
  • Contempt-$12.00
  • Ex Parte Restraining Order/Show Cause-$12.00
  • Motion for Temp Orders-$12.00
  • Relocation/Objection to Relocation-$25.00
  • Restoration of Firearms Packet-$8.00