Before mobile homes can be moved, a tax certificate for mobile home movement must be completed by the County Treasurer for the county that the mobile is exiting. All taxes, including delinquent amounts plus current year, must be paid in full. When a mobile home is moved out of county, an advance tax deposit for the following year taxes must also be paid.

Effective July 24, 2005, RCW 46.44.170 was amended. In order to receive a movement permit, owners of mobile homes constructed before June 15, 1976, must have:

a.  certification from the Department of Labor and Industries that the mobile home was inspected for fire safety;

b. an affidavit from the Department of Community, Trade and Economic Development stating the mobile home is being moved for the owner's continued occupation or use; or

c. an affidavit certifying the home is being transported for disposal.

After the completion of the Tax Certificate, the treasurer's office issues a Mobile Home Movement Decal with the make, model year and serial number of the mobile. The transporter's name, WUTC Permit number and DOT Special Motor Vehicle Permit Number are also needed to complete the movement certificate. The decal is valid for 15 days from the date of issue.  The owner and/or transporter must provide this required information to the Treasurer's Office along with the address where the mobile home will be relocated in order to issue the Tax Certificate and Decal(s)

The Grays Harbor County Public Works must be contacted for further permits, such as Mobile Vehicle Permits.