|TEMPORARY FOOD SERVICE|
L&I APPROVAL FOR MOBILE FOOD UNITS
Washington State Department of Labor & Industries: required for enclosed mobile food trucks, trailers, and those that use solid fuels (wood or charcoal); proof of approval from L&I is required upon submittal of permit application. It is highly recommended to verify requirements and submit your application with L&I as soon as possible to avoid delay on issuance of health department permit.
TEMPORARY FOOD VENDOR
- Single Event Permit Application
- Multiple/Recurring Event Permit Application
- Exempt from Permit Application
- Sampling/Tasting Application
- Coordinator Checklist
- The event does not exceed 21 days.
- You are the sole food vendor at the event, such as a BBQ, holiday, celebration, breakfast/dinner, etc.
- Does not meet the minimum qualifications under a Multiple Event Permit to be considered a coordinated event.
- The event is coordinated but the coordinator has not submitted a Coordinator Checklist.
- You plan to attend multiple Coordinated Events in a calendar year.
- You plan to attend a Farmer's Market where you will operate three or less days per week such as a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- The organization is a youth group, youth sporting event, and/or nonprofit charitable organizations (i.e. concession stands, charitable fundraisers, etc.) may apply under a recurring event application.
- Can attend any event listed on the Approved Coordinated Event List as long as events are not on the same date.
- The Event Coordinator must submit a Coordinator Checklist annually to our office.
- Events not listed on the Approved Coordinated Event List can become coordinated by having the coordinator submit a Coordinator Checklist.
- Coordinated events include a minimum of three vendors, not including the coordinator (not all vendors need to sell food items).
- Recurring events - cannot operate more than three days per week (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday is acceptable).
- Multiple/Recurring Event Permit holders attending an event that is not included on the Approved Coordinated Event List, must apply for a separate Temporary Food Permit and pay 50% of the corresponding fees.
|If you have any questions please contact our office at (360) 249-4222.|